How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 56245
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My boyfriend has been having a pain underneath his right

Customer Question

my boyfriend has been having a pain underneath his right butt check upper right thigh he says it feels like someone kicked him but he has been having this pain for about 5 days now
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.

Hi there,

This is interesting.

Most likely your boyfriend has a nerve impingement at the sacral spine area causing this pain.

This is like sciatica but different in the sense the pain does not radiate to the lower leg.

Treatment option includes the following:

1. Over the counter Ibuprofen ( Advil) 200 mg 3 tabs every 6 hours as needed.

2. Warm compress

3. Using donut pillow during sitting to relieve pressure on the buttock.

4. Physical therapy or chiropractor therapy to release the pressure on the nerve

5. Ofcourse a clinical evaluation by his doctor.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you today.
I am Dr Basu experienced in Metabolic Diseases.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5 stars).
Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for this question. This is related to a lumbar radiculopathy. This is when a nerve (as it exits the spine) is pinched. Likely from a bulging disc.

This is an excellent thing to see a chiropractor for. That would be my next step. The chiro can relieve the pressure on the nerve by manipulating the spine.