Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Experience:  MD
23744323

There, I just had breast re-reconstruction after -laterals

Customer Question

Hi there, I just had breast re-reconstruction after bi-laterals and reconstruction for Breast Cancer for about the third time and I have developed Edema and Cellulitis. I have been put on 500mg of Cipro this past Thursday. The infection isn't worse but it really isn't much better. I have some Keflex hanging around from the surgery and I am seeing the PS tomorrow morning and I didn't know if it was possible to take it
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
Hi there, I understand your concern. Cipro may be working but may not be clearing the infection fully. You may need a stronger antibiotic like clindamycin. Keflex will not help either.So you may wait till your appointment tomorrow. Best wishes, It was my pleasure to help you today. I am Dr Basu experienced in Metabolic Diseases.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5 stars).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions! This is the link to my profile: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Expert:  Dr Basu replied 2 years ago.
The bacteria can be MRSA which is resistant to both keflex and cipro. Still a wound culture should be sent for proper ibdentification. It will be better to try clindamycing ad a third generation cephalopsorins like cefpodoxime orally. IV antibitiotics also should be considered if possible for initial faster response. Best wishes, It was my pleasure to help you today. I am Dr Basu experienced in Metabolic Diseases.If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5 stars).Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions! This is the link to my profile: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/