Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I am a 58 yoa w/f needing medical help and/or advice. I have

Customer Question

I am a 58 yoa w/f needing medical help and/or advice. I have been married for 34 years and retired from law enforcement. Current status is disabled. I have an unknown bone disease mainly affecting my legs, esp my knees. My immediate problem is constant sleepiness. I feel this has become to a point of being dangerous to me as I will fall asleep sitting at our dining table and fall out of the chair. I will be standing with my walker and go to sleep and fall. I an on pain medication of Methadone 20 mg 4x day. However, I normally take once in the morn at 5ish and one in the evening. I have had to be on pain meds for quiet a number of years. My only point is being that the medication would not be a factor in the drowsiness. I am a big coffee drinker and Dr Pepper drinker but the caffeine does not aid in the least in keeping me awake. Can u plz offer any help for me based on this information???
Category: Medical
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for this question. Are you overweight?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

No sir, I am not. I am a petite build.

do you snore? has thyroid and blood counts been checked?

can you tell me if blood counts and thyroid has been checked?

you there?

I would start by getting your thyroid and blood counts checked. Anemia can do this and so can low thyroid.

I would also consider a sleep study. Even skinny people can have apnea.

I noticed that our chat is not complete.
My main goal is your 100% satisfaction and for you to consider this service excellent. If you are not 100% satisfied, just click reply and I will happily provide more information.