Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

I got infected with Mycoplasma Pneumaniae in Asia 2 years

Hello, I got infected with Mycoplasma Pneumaniae in Asia 2 years ago. Ever since then I cannot fully recover, I get brain fog and fatigue. My blood test for mycoplasma pneumaniae igg/ igm by ELISA came back positive. I did several courses of antibiotics without any success. Can you suggest a treatment for me?
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.
have you had thyroid and iron and vitamin D and B12 and magnesium levels checked?
what are your levels of these?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my question is follow up to my last question I asked from Dr. Thomas here http://my.justanswer.com/question/index/ae1e8236b5424088b8cb579f95d32a31?continueTheConversation=False&comingFromAdservEmail=FalseMaybe Dr. Thomas can follow up with answer to this question also?
that expert is not online right now
I see you have a history of gluten sensitivity
are you staying on a gluten free diet?
are you still exercising regularly?
are you having trouble sleeping?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
By the way, I did the test that Dr. Thomas suggested for EBV Early Antigen D and the result came back positive! I also did blood test for m. pneumonia (as stated above) and both IGG and IGM came back positive. Could it be that I have brain fog from EBV and MP bacterial infection? If yes, what can I do for treatment? I really want to know what Dr. Thomas thinks about this since he suggested the EBV test for me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Can anyone please re-list this question so Dr. Thomas can pick it up?
EBV Early Antigen D positive means you have a current EBV infection or mononucleosis infection. this can definitely cause you to have fatigue.
IgM M pneumonia infection means you could still be battling a recent M Pneumonia infection
most doctors will tell you that you have to wait for EBV viral infections to get better. sometimes it can take 6-12 months.
EBV virus can be spread easily, some people call it a "kissing virus" as it can be spread via kissing.
in severe cases of EBV viral fatigue, you can talk to your doctor about use of antiviral treatment for EBV viral infections to try to help the symptoms.
that expert is not online now.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear Dr. David,I have one more test result to share with you: Hemoglobin A1c was 5.7 range is 4.8-5.6 %What is the cause of my brain fog? And how to treat it? Do you think M pneumonia is my primary concern at the moment? My lungs are fine, the bacteria is in my blood.
hemoglobin a1c of 5.7 is only a tiny bit high, not worrisome for diabetes at this point.
most likely the bacteria is not in your blood. your IgM and IgG from M Pneumonia could be from your prior infection from 2 years ago possibly
usually IgM alone positive means you are have a current or recent infection
but since you have IgG positive, this is a sign of prior infection.
brain fog can come from fatigue from EBV
excessive anxiety can also cause brain fog.
if you had bacteria in your blood, you would be much more sick, hypotensive, in the ICU sort of sick.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear Dr. David,Thanks for reply. Do you think IgM can stay longer than 2 years? When I had a course of antibiotics, I would feel cured for half a day and then brain fog would come back. It would seem like antibiotics cannot fully kill the bacteria. Also, since my early EBV is positive, can you recommend a treatment for the Early EBV Antigen D?
IgM can stay longer than 2 years, but because you have IgG, it means your infection is an old infection
so most likely you don't have a current M Pneumonia infection.
most doctors don't recommend treatment for EBV virus
but if your symptoms are bad, you can ask your doctor about antiviral treatment like acyclovir to help fight the EBV
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear Dr. David,Could you recommend traditional Chinese herbs to treat the EBV virus? It seems you are confident my problems are from EBV, antiviral drugs do more harm than good. Only feasible option to me is to try alternative medication.
traditional chinese medicine remedies including Atractylodes alba, Glycyrrhiza recens, Rehmannia preparata, Bupleurum, Cortex magnolia, Phragmites, Belamcanda, Sophora, subprostrata, Siler. Chinese herbs are prescribed on an individual basis and you need to see a Chinese herbal specialist face to face to get treatment.
let me know if you have other questions.
if done for now, please leave positive rating below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today
you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions
here is my website if you need to reach me again:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for that! Could you recommend a good Chinese traditional medicine doctor in Washington DC area?
Advanced Health Center
46 S Glebe Rd Arlington, VA 22204 (###) ###-####
Chinese Acupuncture & Herb Center *****NW
Ste 501
Washington, DC 20005 (###) ###-####
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dear Dr. David, thank you for your advice. I will speak with them for help with my EBV infection.