Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have a blister on my right tonsil and couple of smaller

Greetings, I have a white blister...
Greetings,
I have a white blister on my right tonsil and couple of smaller white blisters on my left tonsil. I have no fever. Right side of my throat hurts when i eat something. My ears are itchy.What might be the problem ? Do I need to go to doctor? I have gerd, can that cause the blisters? Thank you.
2/2/2014
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

yes, severe GERDs can cause blisters on your tonsil and sore throat and right throat pain when you swallow.

also you could have a viral pharyngitis causing these blisters.

strep throat bacterial infections usually causes fever, but a throat culture would be the best thing to check for strep throat.

you should see a doctor.

are you on treatment for your GERDs?

yes, i am taking omeprazole. This throat pain started after I ate pizza, i don't know if it's just a coincidence. Before that i did not feel much heart burn and throat pain. So do you think it's viral or just a throat irritation? Thank you

pizza with the tomato sauce and cheese fat can often cause acid reflux which can come up and irritate the throat.

I think more likely acid reflux and throat irritation from acid reflux.

make sure you avoid eating 30 minutes before and after you take omeprazole

and you can use maalox or mylanta other times in the day to help neutralize stomach acid.

avoid big meals and acidic foods before bed time.

avoid soda and juices and spicy foods

do you have other questions?
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician