Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
41363181

Was using bathroom sunday night and passed out on toilet, leg

Was using bathroom sunday night and passed out on toilet, leg and calf fell asleep when I came to, thought they would wake up, its been almost two full days and the same numbness is there. My back has been sore and i have history of stroke in my family. There is no redness, no swelling, almost cool to the touch and almost other than the numbness there is no other difference, it has stayed in same area for two days, havent gotten any less or more numb in any other surrounding areas, please advise, i have no insurence:(
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

you could have herniated a disks in your lower back from sitting on the toilet and this could have pinched nerves going down into your legs causing numbness.

you really should go to a free or low cost health clinic close to you and get a physical exam and a xray of your lumbar spine, or better yet an MRI scan to look for a herniated disk.

sometimes a course of steroid pills can help decrease swelling and help the disk go back into place

in bad cases, you might need a steroid injection at the site of disk herniation to decrease swelling

in worst cases, you would need spine surgery to get the disk back into place or to cut the disk to stop the pressure on the nerves causing numbness.

do you have a free health clinic close to you

would you like me to help you find one?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I got one in mind i just wanted to confirm it wasn't a stroke or something worst, thank you

you are welcome

it doesn't sound like a stroke

a stroke would be rare at your age

more likely a herniated disk

let me know how it goes

best of luck to you

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please click accept and leave positive feedback below the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

you can always reach me with "a question for Dr. David" if you have any other questions

here is my website

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com