Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Does depakote interact with vicks Dayquil

does depakote interact with vicks Dayquil
11/12/2013
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Dr. D.J. :

The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.

Dr. D.J. :

Hi there,

This is Dr. D.J., experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.

I am here to address your concerns and provide great service.

Dr. D.J. :

are you taking depakote for seizures

Customer:

HI I take Depakote and Resperidone for bipolar disorder I was wondering if I could take Dayquil and Nyquil for a nasty cold I have or it they will interact?

Customer:

Just saw your question no I am taking Depakote for mild bipolar disorder

Dr. D.J. :

They do interact with risperidone.

Dr. D.J. :

Not with depakote.

Dr. D.J. :

The risperidone relaetd side effects may increase with dayquil or nyquil.

Customer:

so dayquil and Nyquil should not be taken with resperidone?

Dr. D.J. :

no you should avoid.

Dr. D.J. :

you can take tylenol for headaches.

Customer:

is there any type of decongestent that i can take?

Dr. D.J. :

And for nasal congestion you can use Coricidin HBP cold and flu.

Dr. D.J. :

That is relatively safer than any other cold preparation.

Customer:

thank you you have been very helpful.

Dr. D.J. :

very welcome

Dr. D.J. :

It was my pleasure to help you today.
Best wishes,
Please rate the chat Good or Excellent ( smiley faces), if you are satisfied with our conversation and do not have any further question, so that I get rewarded for my time & effort. Thank you!
Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/

Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Dr Basu
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist