How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 65307
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been experiencing GI issues - pain, cramping/gnawing,

This answer was rated:

Hi - I have been experiencing GI issues - pain, cramping/gnawing, diarrhea as well pelvic pain and urinary issues. I am a Canadian and I am looking to go for a complete health assessment in the U.S. Can you provide a recommendation of what tests I should request and what I can expect in the way of cost?
The mayo clinic has an excellent internal medicine department.
They use a team approach , so if you need a sub specialist such as a gastroenterologist, then you will have it right there.
Cost would be difficult to estimate. It depends what testing is needed.
An MRI alone might be 1500 dollars or more.
The initial exam and evaluation might be up to 300 to 500 dollars.
Initial lab tests might run 500 to 1000 dollars.
Use reply to let me know if you have further questions.
Please do not forget a positive rating.
DrRussMD and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you