Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I went to the ER tonight with a strange sensation in my

right lung...It felt like a...
I went to the ER tonight with a strange sensation in my right lung...It felt like a rattling or buzzing in a small section of my lung...I was worried I was wheezing but really didnt know why I would be or if that was even what it was..The doc checked me out ...said my lungs sounded good..Did a chest Xray..which came back all normal and blood work which was normal...Any ideas what this buzzing sensation could have been? I wish I could describe it better as I feel sort of stupid saying my lung was buzzing lol.
11/9/2013
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Have you been in a lot of stress lately?

Customer:

Some but no more then usual lol

Dr. Shahzad MD :

so whats the usual :)

Customer:

haha... probably would be considered a somewhat unhealthy amount..I have PTSD so I stay somewhat anxious...good days bad days...its that time of the month and that is also a stressful time for me as mine are quite heavy

Dr. Shahzad MD :

how are your periods?

Customer:

very heavy

Dr. Shahzad MD :

For how long?

Customer:

pain isnt too bad but they have been heavy for 5yrs now

Customer:

since my last c section

Dr. Shahzad MD :

ok

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Do you regularly check your hemoglobin and routine blood tests to make sure your hemoglobin and complete blood counts are okay because you are bleeding a lot

Customer:

They did an Iron Study on me about a month or so ago..I was quite anemic and my actual Iron level should have been between 50 and 100 or something like that and mine was at 22...so it was pretty low..I just started Iron supplements a week or so ago

Customer:

hemoglobin was at 10.8

Dr. Shahzad MD :

That is a little on the lower side.

Customer:

yes

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I would like that you should get this treated, I mean the heavy bleeding if you are not getting it treated already

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Plus your symptoms that you are mentioning the chest symptoms are most likely either due to anxiety or premature menopause

Dr. Shahzad MD :

you may be nearing your menopause prematurely and a lady can have a variety of symptoms like what you are describing when near menopause

Customer:

menapause can cause a buzzing sensation like that?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

It can cause a large number of symptoms

Dr. Shahzad MD :

a small list is given in the link that i just sent you

Customer:

yes I see it...43 seems so young for menapause lol

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I understand but your heavy periods suggest that you may be entering there, the way to confirm it is to have your FSH and LH hormones checked

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Plus I would like that you should also have your thyroid function i.e. TSH tested if you have not had that done already

Dr. Shahzad MD :

because a malfunctioning thyroid can also cause period problems

Customer:

yeah they check that like twice a year..its been totally normal so far

Customer:

but I will ask about the hormone testing on my next visit

Dr. Shahzad MD :

ok

Dr. Shahzad MD :

any more questions?

Customer:

no I dont believe so...I really appreciate you talking with me

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome
Take care
Wish you all the best.
Please do rate me for my services before you leave by clicking on one of the smilies below. I hope I provided excellent services.
Good bye :)

Customer:

ok I will..thanks again..take care

Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Dr. SH
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician