DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

Hi, I have had some pain around my heart area over the past

Hi, I have had some pain around my heart area over the past weeks. It may even be longer than that, just lately I've been focused on it. Some sharp, quick pains got me concerned. I also get a dull, very mild "pain" on my left side of my left breast. I say "pain" because it really doesn't hurt, just slightly uncomfortable. I don't have any family history of heart issues.
Hello
Thanks for requesting me.
This does not sound like heart pain.
And you are young for heart pain.
Without a family history, smoking , diabetes or obesity you really don't have a lot of risk factors.

Of course you should have a baseline EKG, but this sounds like muscular pain, or acid reflux which is another possibility.

Use reply to let me know if you have further questions.
Please do not forget a positive rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for the quick response. I'm a thin, active, non-smoker. I have one quick follow up please: I'm not sure why but I do tend to burp or force myself to burp to feel better. I also get rumbling specifically on my left side that feels like a burp sensation. Would that be in line with acid reflux type situation? I just found it strange that it's specifically on the left side.

Yes
This is all common to reflex.
It can be on either side.
Please do not forget a positive rating.