Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Doctor of Medicine
28323552

For the last 5 weeks and counting we have been without a

for the last 5 weeks and counting we have been without a functioning fridge. My children 3 yrs and 5yrs and my husband and I have been without any food that requires refrigeration; can this affect our overall health...I am currently in negotiation with the brick to replace our fridge and food spoilage costs. should they not refund and replace the fridge and reimburse for food spoilage I will take them to small claims court...do I have any grounds to claim that our health has been adversely effected?
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there. Thank you for your question. I will be helping you out with your queries

Dr. Shahzad MD :

welcome

Customer:

hi

Customer:

I am interested in determining if my children have been affected from being without milk eggs dairy yogurt etc...meats requiring refrigeration

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Well if you have given your children fresh things i.e. buying it and cooking it right away then there is no need to worry

Customer:

I have spoken to a dentist and the teeth can be adversely effected by eating crackers etc..cheese helps with tooth decay and we have been without cheese..

Customer:

what im trying to determine is their any loss or damages I can claim regarding our health

Customer:

it may be more than 6 weeks with out a fridge

Customer:

this has impacted our regular diet

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Usually with eating food that is not refrigerated you should have diarrhea or vomiting associated with fever or food poisoning

Customer:

both my children have been effected by this before we new the fridge was measuring at 12'c

Dr. Shahzad MD :

ok

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I think that if you have been effected and they are not changing your fridge then you should have a claim

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I mean you can take them to the court

Customer:

ok

Customer:

so are there any other side effects from the absence of dairy or fresh meats 6-8weeks or more?..it is very tricky to transport meat and cook right away for various meals as you may imagine as there is no storage...

Dr. Shahzad MD :

six to eight weeks absence of dairy and fresh meat should not cause any problems.

Customer:

we are not vegetarian or accustomed to this diet

Customer:

ok

Dr. Shahzad MD :

I understand but it usually takes months of absence of such things to have problems

Customer:

ok

Customer:

so no nutritional deficienties to speak on?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Nope

Customer:

ok

Dr. Shahzad MD :

As long as you people are not starving and eating something it should not cause problems in this period of time

Customer:

ok

Customer:

thank you

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome
Take care
Wish you all the best.
Please do rate me for my services before you leave by clicking on one of the smilies below. I hope I provided excellent services.
Good bye :)

Customer:

bye