DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

My lower back always pops when I do leg lifts. It is not

My lower back always pops when I do leg lifts. It is not painful, but is very loud and sounds like grinding. I did not use to have these symptoms, but have notice them within the past year and a half. I am very active (run, lift weights, etc.) and noticed my back started popping when I began working out routinely. There is no swelling or redness. The popping seems to have gotten worse after I injured my lower back over the summer, but (like I previously said) it has been going on for uite some time. I'm 21 year old female, 5' 7" 145 lbs.
Hello
I am Dr. Thomas, double board certified physician with over 20 years of clinical experience. I will help you with your question and any follow up questions you have.
This is quite common and is often due to a ligament derangement.
You can not fix it yourself.
A structural medicine specialist [physical medicine and rehabilitation MD/or sports medicine doctor] needs to examine you and see if you need more extension exercises, which is most often the case, or more flexion exercises, or a mixture of both and others.
This must be based on competent exam, or you can make the situation worse.
Use reply to let me know if you have further questions.
Please do not forget a positive rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you, ***** *****

You are welcome to find me any time
For any questions.j
Use my request link and "for Dr. Thomas only," in the title.
I am here every day.
Good luck
dt