Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I HAVE HAD LEG SWELLING FOR 4 WEEKS NOW IT DOES NOT GO AWAY

I HAVE HAD LEG SWELLING FOR 4 WEEKS NOW IT DOES NOT GO AWAY A. IT STARTED IN KNEE AFTER HARD KNEELING,DR. TOOK FLUID OUT MAKE TESTS ALL NORMAL FOR INFECTION GOUT ETC.IT IS SPREADING TO UPPER LEG WITH BURNING SENSATION IN RIGHT SIDE OF UPPER THIGH I PUT A BRACE BUT SWELLING OF ANKLE APPEAR BUT IN ANKLE IT GOES AND COME, 4 MONTHS AGO I HAD A VEIN CLOSURE. ALL THIS AFFECT ONLY 1 LEG THE RIGHT WHICH DR.IS THE BEST SPECIALITY TO CONSULT THIS:

ORTHOPEDIC NEUROLOGY OR?

Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Do you have any medical problems or take any medications?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Jag,
I would suggest you first consult an internal medicine doctor. Then perhaps talk to a vascular surgeon.
Does this make sense to you?
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me a “10” rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

DR.

THE ONLY PROBLEM I HAVE IS HBP AND TAKING MEDICINE FOR IT THE ONLY OTHER THING IS ASPIRIN 3 TABLETS A DAY

THANK YOU

Jag,
One other thing you might consider is going to a teaching hospital for another opinion.
Why a teaching hospital? Because at an institution like that you could be evaluated and treated by a team of sub-specialists who are at the cutting edge of their respective fields. The best thing about these large teaching hospitals is that consultations are available with Professors and leaders in their field by just walking a few steps down the hall.
The Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota is an excellent example of just such a place as this. That being said there are many excellent teaching hospitals all across the country and I am sure that there is one near you.
I know that it is going to take significant effort on your part, but I believe that going to one of the "Medical Mecca's" is your best chance to – finally -- get to the bottom of what is going on.
Does this make sense to you?
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS