Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Hello,I recently visited my doctor with a history of approx.

I recently visited my doctor with a history of approx. 3 months of fatigue. I am a 23 year old male with an unremarkable medical history.

She did some blood work which showed normal FBC, iron studies and thyroid function, with a slightly elevated phosphate but otherwise normal biochem. inflammatory markers were all normal as was folate, B12 and vitamin D.

My question relates to my testosterone level, which was 10.7 nmol/L (LH was normal at 3 IU/L).

About a month ago I noticed a small lump on my left testicle which was found on ultrasound to be a small cyst in one of the tunica's. Both testes showed normal echo texture and vascularity. Volume was approx. 16 ml bilaterally.

I guess what I really want to know is if there could be some link between the testosterone level, which seems low for someone my age, and my fatigue.
Hi. My name isXXXXX and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Do you have any medical problems or take any medications?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Nick,

While that is a possibility I would not rush to blame your fatigue on the testosterone lab result as many, many other issues could be causing it.

I would suggest you have a more complete workup and evaluation if simple things like sleeping more, eating well and exercising regularly do not improve things.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me a “10” rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS