Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I'm wondering if Yucca Intensive (meant for dogs) can also

I'm wondering if Yucca Intensive (meant for dogs) can also be consumed by human for joint pain? Here's some link on the ingredients :
http://www.1800petmeds.com/Yucca+Intensive-prod10850.html
http://www.azmira.com/products/herbal-extracts/yucca-intensive/
I thought of trying on myself as I have patella mal-tracking on one side and soft bone tear on the other.
Tks!!
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Do you have any medical problems or take any medications?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I do not have any medical problems or on medication except for the supplements.
WK,
Thank you for that information.
On general principles compounds/medicine manufactured and marketed for use in animals is not held to the same strict quality standards as the same compounds intended for human use.
As such, I would suggest you find yucca intensive compounds with the same or similar ingredients listed in the links you provided that are for human use. This way you will be sure to actually get what you expect, without any contaminants or shady sources of the ingredients (such as chicken beaks instead of pure keratin etc).
I think you would be wise to find other ways to shave a few bucks off your expenses than stealing your dogs medication ;)
Does this make sense to you?
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me a “10” rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS