Dear *****, Thanks for providing quick additional information.
I can understand your concern.
It doesn't sounds to be related with methylprednisolone.
This can be just a co-incidence that such symptoms have come, 2 days after taking drug.
Your present symptoms are related with Viral
It is a viral origin flu, and which has caused congestion of the sinus and throat tissues. It is causing pain in throat and body ache with fever.
To control this, please take the following steps:
1. You should gargle with hot, saline water , You can mix 2 teaspoonfuls of salt in 1 glass of hot water and gargle thrice daily.
2. Steam inhalation would be helpful, You can take a bowl of hot water, and put 2 tsf of salt in it. You can also put menthol in it if you have some. Inhale the steam that rises from the water.
3. Drink a glass of warm lemon juice daily.
4. You can suck on hard sweets - the saliva trickling down the throat will be soothing.
5. Take Tylenol for fever and pain. You can start at two tablets every four to six hours as needed.
6. You should take Antihistamines
like Alavert 10 mg once daily (OTC), Also take Decongestants - Sudafed 120 mg once daily(OTC) and Otrivin nasal drops 2 drops three times daily in both nostrils(OTC).
Viral symptoms, usually get resolve by its own in 4-5 days.
Another important home treatment is Menthol steam inhalation - add Menthol salts (available OTC) to a bowl of steaming water and inhale the steam two - three times daily - this will relieve the congestion
Most likely, with such home measures, you would be free from symptoms in next 4-5 days.
I wish for your good health.
Please let me know how I can be of further assistance.
My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.