Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

BHi my 62-year-old husband got into an auto accident. He hired

BHi my 62-year-old husband got into an auto accident. He hired an attorney through whom he he is going through a physical therapy, plus he was referred to an MRI. The MRI showed the following diagnosis: Complex flat type tear of the posterior horn of the medial meniscus with trace knee joint effusion. Can that diagnosis be the result of his auto accident or is it a physical problem due to age? Thanks.
Hi. My name isXXXXX and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
Do you have any medical problems or take any medications?
This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.
That is,as they say, the million dollar question.

It depends on the specifics of the auto accident, your husbands history, physical condition etc.

Does that exact injury occur in people who have never been in a car accident? Yes.

Does that exact injury occur in people who have been in a car accident? Yes.

The fact of the matter is that the insurance company will probably throw money at your husband and his lawyer just to make the whole issue go away. As such, the lawyer will be happy.

Does this make sense to you?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS