DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I just came from my doc to get results of a cd test of my

I just came from my doc to get results of a cd test of my gall bladder. It came back showing no evidence of gall stones It is sore to the touch. what can make a gall bladder tender? Liver is ok , all other tests are normal. I drink a lot of soft drinks. I don't drink liquor or any alcohol . What can make your gall bladder tender with out stones? I do take hydrocodone for my back. My doc gave my antibiotics to take.
Hello
Have you had a colonoscopy?
When and what findings?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

not in 6 yrs test was good. I do have constipation .

Is this pain on the last rib or below that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

on the side of the lower right rib

OK
The gallbladder can be dysfunctional without stones.
So you need a test called a HIDA scan which will show if the gallbladder is working or if it does not empty.
The scan you had is not enough.
Use reply to let me know if you have further questions.
Please do not forget a positive rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what does the test involve? Sorry, it is on the side next to the stomach.

Here is a good description by the mayo clinic.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hida-scan/MY00320
besides gallbladder, duodenal ulcer can cause pain here as well.
Please do not forget a positive rating.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi, I had an intestinal virus last wk. low grade temp. I went on to a surgeon last week. He said, my doc, said I did have stones . They schuled surgery for Mon. I can't talk to my doc until after I would have the surgery. This is Sun, I feel O. K. Do I need to postpone until I can talk to primary doc to c if indeed I have stones? It is still tender under the rib , I have interjestion . I don't want needless surgery. I took Imodium after the virus it stopped me up causing a lot of gas which pressed on the tender area felt very bad. help!

Hello
IN general please find me by requests on new posts, but you can also rate again on the same post. How does he know you have stones?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

He waked into office after I told the practioner I had no stones and a cat scan was done . He just waked in saying my primary doc said there was stones and we will remove the bad gallbladder mon nov 4 . The office called an scheduled the surgery before my prim doc will be @ work to ask him if I understood him wrong about not having stones ,I don't do well with antistniaea if I have an ulcer instead I will have to do something else any way. I drink a lot of soda's and take loratab which makes my stomach have interjestion . coffee does also.

Call your primary care doctors answering service, tell them you need to confirm this?
Your only other option would be to post pone the surgery till the next available spot.