Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Based on your advice and the ok from my GP who had me on

Hello Doctor based on your...
Hello Doctor based on your advice and the ok from my GP who had me on complete cognitive and physical rest for the past 3 weeks due to the fact that my bad concussion was not treated until 15 days after due to travel....I am now starting to exercise as you recommended and get out as well as 1 hour a day on TV, 1/2 hour on computer....I still get headaches but as you said part of the healing...will test the exercise today! However since my concussion my bp has risen and has given me new life in the sexual area, should I take advantage with of course a willing partner???
additionally my bp with not much medicine was 123/77 but since the concussion has been that low at rest but has been clocked from 123 to 140 from 75 to 85/90 My Doctor said don't worry about your blood pressure we are treating your concussion period...
10/20/2013
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
I believe you will be OK to engage in sexual activity, but nothing too crazy....
Make sure to let your treating doctor know about your plans.
Does this make sense to you?
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD

great about the sex...agreed nothing to crazy....I was concussed on Sept 9th but did not receive treatment in terms of physical and cognitive rest until sept 20th It is now oct 16th getting better but still headaches...sex I believe would be part of my exercise...for the next month should I limit activities or could I further damage my brain...sorry for the loaded question but my gp has not had experiences with concussions peter

Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD