Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
16455829

I have a question for a surgeon. I am scheduled for a

I have a question for a surgeon. I am scheduled for a surgery to remove a skin cancer tumor from my nose. The surgeon told me it would be either outpatient or 1 night in the hospital. Now his secretary says to tell me he wants me to stay over 7-8 days. This occurred with no additional examination or conversation. I don't want to stay in the hospital. I don't have health insurance-I have responsibilities I need attend to & I just don't want to. What are my options. Are there any legal implications? They can't make me stay I am sure. I don't even care if I have to go back and forth a few times. What can I do?
Dr. Natasha :

hello

Dr. Natasha :

are you still there?

Dr. Natasha :

please enter the chat

Dr. Natasha :

You do NOT have to stay in the hospital

Dr. Natasha :

This is quite strange- usually it is a one day stay max

Dr. Natasha :

that being said, unless you are on a psychiatric hold, you can leave when ever you want

Dr. Natasha :

you may need to sign a form stating that you are leaving against medical advice (AMA) if they truly want you to stay

Dr. Natasha :

but you can go- they there are no legal implications- you are not a prisoner

Dr. Natasha :

i hope that this helped

Dr. Natasha :

please leave positive feedback if it did :-0

Dr. Natasha :

:-)