Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Dear Dr. I had sex with 3 different prostitutes this year (

Dear Dr.
I had sex with 3 different prostitutes this year ( All with condom and as I remember condoms are not broken) One in May, One in June and One around ten days ago. I have no symptoms after the first 2 sex.But for the recent one, After 3 days of the intercourse, I feel weak legs and it continues to now.
After 9 days of the intercourse. I feel chilly and a little bit sore throat and sneeze nose
I thought I had fever but my temperature is normal while I feel chilly in the day and also at the night though.Today I notice that there are two little spots on the back of my penis (no pain, no itching) and I feel uncomfortable with my prostate.(Not sure how to describe it, it just feels there are some pressure)
I used OralQuick in home test yesterday, negative.What is the chance that I got HIV?
As to the spots on penis, is it from STD?
If I get STD, does that mean the I was not using condom effectively so that I could also get HIV?
Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience.
9 days is too soon after exposure for the oralquick test to be of any value. It looks for antibodies to HIV 1&2, which can take up to 6 months to show up...although most folks show antibodies in 3 months.
Also, from what you have posted, you wore a condom and it did not break. While this would not completely remove all risk of catching HIV from a infected female, it would greatly reduce it.
So. What is the take home message? I very much doubt you have HIV and, even if you did, the test you used wouldn't show it this fast.
Your symptoms might be from a cold and anxiety.
If you are concerned you should consult with your doctor, have him examine your penis lesions and do a complete STD test.
But. From what you have posted, I think you will be OK.
Does this make sense to you?
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Dr. Rick,

I feel more comfortable now.

I just moved to a new city. I don't have my family doctor yet. I am not sure when I can get a appointment. So suppose it is STD, what can I do to slow the spreads of STD in my body before I get a appointment with a doctor? For HIV, I guess there is nothing you can do.(Is PEP already too late?)

If I go to see a doctor, what kind of doctor

should I go to? A Dermatologist or Urologist or ...?

For a STD testing, do you have some good website(company) to recommend to use?

Thanks a lot

Chad

Chad,
I really do not think you have HIV.
There is nothing you can do to slow the spread of STDs although,once again, I do not think the penis lesions are a sign of a STD from what you have posted.
You could see a family practice doctor or an internal medicine doctor. Another option is to go to a free clinic, where they will check you for all STD and HIV for free and not even take your name down...just give you a number. Every city has these clinics and they are open to everyone.
Here is a home STD website that you may find helpful:
http://stdtestguide.com/std-testing/home-std-test/
Does this make sense to you?
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.
Have a good evening.
Dr Rick MD FACS