Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
16455829

Took Narco 5-325 and a glass of wine trice in a night. Am worried

I took one norco 5-325 and one glass of wine at 7 pm for a bad headache. When the headache didn't go away I took another norco at 8 pm. And a second glass of wine around 8:30. Then, at 12 am the headache returned. I took another norco 5-325. The headache is gone but I'm worried this is dangerous. I had fallen asleep and forgot I took the second norco. I've never done this before, that is why I'm worried.

Do you normally get headaches like this?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, I don't normally get headaches like this.

Norco and alcohol are central nervous system depressants. However, 3 norcos and 2 glasses of alcohol is not going to do any harm- unless you decide that you want to go out driving.
You will feel sleepy and go to bed
The question which I am concern about is- why are you having these bad headaches? Is this the first time for you? Did they start all of a sudden?
If you are having any of the following:
1. the worst headache of your life
2. abrupt onset (within second or minutes) of symptoms
3. neck pain and/or eye pain
4. vomiting
5. Fever
Then you need to go to the ER for investigation right away
The most important thing is whether or not you having a head bleed, aneurysm or meningitis (infection). Seeing that you don't normally get headaches like this, think about why you needed to take 3 Norcos and 2 glasses of wine- that is a lot. To be honest, I would get checked out asap...
If these are typical of your usual headaches (but worse), then you may want to talk to your doctor about another medication other than Norco for pain relief- like Imitrex, etc...

Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience: American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing