Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
16455829

I got stung by wasps three days ago around my left eye. 24

I got stung by wasps three days ago around my left eye. 24 hours later I felt a popping in my left ear and ringing. Since then I have not been able to clear my left ear and the hearing in that ear is greatly reduced. What can I do for treatment?
Hi there.
Welcome to Just Answer and thank you for the question.
I am Dr.Abid a Medical Internist and will help you out.
Ringing and popping in left ear is nothing to do with wasp bite it is highly likely the presentation of wax in your left ear.You should put soda glycerin drops 6 drops in left ear twice a day for 3-5 days it will help to soften the hard wax and you will feel better.
But if you still feel no improvement after 5 days treatment than consult ENT dr.
Regards ***** ***** luck.
Please leave positive feedback for me.
Thanks.
hi i was following your question
Another option is to take some sudafed.
Actually the sting is related to the popping, because it can interfere with the clearance of secretions in the eustachian tube.
I would give that a go- it is over the counter.

I hope that this helped!
please leave positive feedback if it did :-)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I had a lot of swelling on the left side of my face around the eye. It has gone down some, but my hearing on the left side is weak and I can't clear it by blowing with my nose pinched. I don't think that I would be able to fly or SCUBA dive. I'll try the Sudafed.

ok. And yes, don't scuba or fly until you can clear your ear. I would keep up on the benadryl- 25mg every 4-6 hours as needed.
I hope this helped!
please leave a positive rating if it did :-)
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience: American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
HI I was checking to see how you were doing :)