Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I am currently on the HCG diet, and doing very well. Is it

ok to take Pure Garcinia...
I am currently on the HCG diet, and doing very well. Is it ok to take Pure Garcinia Cambogia Extract at the same time as a dietary supplement?
9/28/2013
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Dr. Shahzad MD :

Hi there

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Thank you for your question.

Customer:

hello

Dr. Shahzad MD :

All these products that are available in the market are something that have not been studied in randomized controlled trials or clinical trials

Dr. Shahzad MD :

So these two products have not been studied like what you are mentioning

Dr. Shahzad MD :

However, having said that, MOST LIKELY there should be no interaction between the two and you can probably take the two together.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Since there have been no clinical trials or randomized controlled trials we can never say with one hundred percent surety.

Customer:

I have been on the HCG before with no side effects except terrific weight loss. I have seen and have been reading up on the Garcinia Cambogia extract after seeing it on the Dr Oz show, and have some in the house. If it is good for energy like they say I would like to take it. Both are natural, are they not?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Yes they are natural

Dr. Shahzad MD :

and they may have great effects like you also mention that HCG worked really well for you and so could Garcinia Cambogia

Dr. Shahzad MD :

However there is just no Randomized clinical trials like I mentioned so we cannot say with 100 percent surety.

Customer:

are there any particular side effects I should watch for?

Dr. Shahzad MD :

There should be no side effects

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Like you correctly mentioned they are natural

Dr. Shahzad MD :

So MOST LIKELY nothing should happen

Customer:

thank you very much

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Any more questions?

Customer:

not right now, but thanks again

Dr. Shahzad MD :

You are most welcome

Dr. Shahzad MD :

God bless you

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Take care

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Good bye

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Please do rate me for my services before you leave.

Dr. Shahzad MD :

Kindest Regards

Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician
Dr. SH
Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Board Certified Physician