Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
16455829

I have had uncontrolled movements in the past few days

I have had uncontrolled movements in the past few days namely in the face and hands what could be causing this,, second question what is the best way to receive care these days talking to a pcp or trying to diagnose this stuff yourself, my pcp doesn't always seem interested.
Dr. Cameron :

hello

Dr. Cameron :

welcome to the chat

Dr. Cameron :

are you taking any medications?

Dr. Cameron :

Any other medical problems?

Dr. Cameron :

hi

Dr. Cameron :

go ahead and type and hit reply :-)

Customer:

Well, eye doctor feels I have an outside of optometry, which includes flashing lights in vision, medicine lately, just wellbutrin was taking ambien awhile back, other medicine I've taken lately is hydroxolin or something like that to make me drowsly,,,,, and Ativan this weekat the er.

Dr. Cameron :

well, the uncontrolled movements you are having is called dyskinesias

Customer:

is it dangeerous

Dr. Cameron :

There are several varieties of dyskinesia which have different clinical appearances and they have different underlying causes and treatments. Some examples are: Tremor, chorea, dystonia and myoclonus.

Dr. Cameron :

They can be caused by medication to

Dr. Cameron :

*too

Dr. Cameron :

the person you need to see is a neurologist

Dr. Cameron :

and since this is new for you and we are not sure what kind you have , I would make an appointment to see them asap

Dr. Cameron :

And in regards ***** ***** second question- if your PCP isn't interested in you, get another PCP. There are heaps out there who would consider it a privilege to be your doctor :-)

Customer:

do I need a referral to make an apt with a neurologist.

Dr. Cameron :

I am not sure how your insurance works. Generally you do- but you can tell your PCP that you are having dyskinesias and you want a referral asap.

Dr. Cameron :

once they hear that term, they will get it done

Dr. Cameron :

please let me know how it goes