Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS Experienced in all Medical Specialities
28277873

I noticed on another post on this site related to

I noticed on another post on this site related to Lymphocytic Colitis that a patient also had another nagging issue that she wondered if it also was connected. The advice given said there was no corelation. The disease process was identified as dysethesia (spelling?). I have had sore or burning sensation in my pelvic-groin area left side for over four months now. Medical visits and CT has revealed nothing visible on the surface on the scan. Would this be dyesthesia? Besides being very uncomfortable (I feel like John Wayne after riding his horse all day) are there any serious medical issues that might evolve from this?

Hello and thank you for the question.
Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.
I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and i will do my best to help you today.

This is called dysesthesia; usually secondary to b12 or folate deficiency, aging, alcohol or a pinched nerve in the spine can also give you similar pain.

Its extremely unlikley to be related to lymphocytic colitis you have, but can be due to it as well (as a result of colonic inflammation).

Just shift to low fat and low fibre diet.

It will help.

And if it does not, nerve soother medications like pregabalin can be used which will help.

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service as this is the only way i get credit for my time and expertise on your question.

If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindest Regards.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do have three underlying neurological birth defects. Syringomyelia (not active), Klippel Feil and Charcot Marie Tooth. I have had a lot of pain in the C4-C6, C8 and T-1. Have been working on ways to mitigate that discomfort while battling my gastrointestinal issues and now the possible presence of dysesthesia.

Thank you David for the follow up.

This is most likely from your spine, not from anywhere else ---- its my gut feeling.

And gabapentin or pregabalin are the atandard treatments for not only dysesthesia, but also the pain from nerve origin (like from spine).

Goodluck and Get well soon :)

Kindest Regards.