Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

I have asthma that is also exercise induced. I take Symbicort

I have asthma that is also exercise induced. I take Symbicort daily and Ventolin before I work out. I have been running, so I should be able to run 2 miles without a major problem. However, lately I have been getting more exhausted after working out rather than feeling energized. Is this something to be concerned about, or is it normal?
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing Internal Medicine Physician. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this excellent question

Are your respiratory symptoms well controlled?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They are more controlled than they used to be. On longer runs I find that my symptoms start to return towards the end. However, recently I have noticed that even my shorter runs are more difficult than they should be due to breathing difficulty.

thank you.

Your asthma is definitely not controlled.

I would recommend an adjustment in therapy.

You might need an additional med like singulair Cara.

I hope this helps. If you have more questions, just reply. :)
I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)