Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I'm currently ill will cold shivers, stuffy nose, headaches,

Hi, I'm currently ill will cold...
I'm currently ill will cold shivers, stuffy nose, headaches, so I assume fever.
I would like to try and conceive over the next week, can the illness affect the egg quality and furthermore have any detrimental affects on the baby?
Thanks
9/1/2013
Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Dr. P. Jyoti :

I am Dr. P. Jyoti, MD. I promise to use my full experience and knowledge to provide answers specific to your question. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Hello would you like to chat on this? Please type into your message box and press 'enter' or 'reply' to send the message so that we can have a live chat.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

hello have you taken any medicines for this?

Customer:

Just panadol

Dr. P. Jyoti :

well, this viral fever will not affect the egg in any way

Dr. P. Jyoti :

nor will it affect fertility,

Dr. P. Jyoti :

and if you have a pregnancy it wont affect the fetus

Dr. P. Jyoti :

viral fevers are generally harmless

Dr. P. Jyoti :

but you need to be careful in taking any medicines

Dr. P. Jyoti :

panadol though is safe

Dr. P. Jyoti :

so you can take this for the symptoms

Dr. P. Jyoti :

but avoid taking any anticolds like decongestants, etc

Dr. P. Jyoti :

you are quite safe otherwise

Dr. P. Jyoti :

If the question has been answered to your satisfaction, you need to rate my service positively.

Rating system is the row of faces below - click on a happy face to give a good rating. Bonus is always welcome Thank you.
Dr. P. Jyoti

Dr. P. Jyoti :

any further questions?

Customer:

My head feels like it is going to explode and I feel sick, is there anything I can take?

Dr. P. Jyoti :

panadol is the best for this since you are trying for pregnancy

Dr. P. Jyoti :

it will not have any adverse effects

Dr. P. Jyoti :

the other things to do are:

Dr. P. Jyoti :

take a lot of fluids - this is essential

Dr. P. Jyoti :

also use Menthol steam inhalation - take a bowl of steaming water and add a pinch of menthol, then inhale the steam

Dr. P. Jyoti :

this will clear up the nasal passages and give you relief

Dr. P. Jyoti :

since you are trying for pregnancy these methods are safe for you

Dr. P. Jyoti :

show your doctor if symptoms get more severe

Dr. P. Jyoti :

take care

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Hope this shows you the way forward - wish you good health and a quick recovery.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

I trust my answer has helped you gain more knowledge and confidence about your problem and in knowing what to discuss with your doctor.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

Please remember to rate my service once you have all the information you need. If you have any other questions, please ask me – I’ll be happy to respond. Bonus is always welcome - Thank you!

Dr.P.Jyoti, MD.

Dr. P. Jyoti :

any further questions?

Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD
Thank you for your positive rating to my answer.
I am very pleased that I was able to help you.
You may shortly receive an email survey to rate my services from JA. Please take the time to answer the survey with positive ratings for me, because the survey is actually very important for me on this JA site and your good ratings will help me immensely.
If you have any further questions, either on this issue or a different issue, I would be happy to help you. Just 'request' me or put 'For Dr. P. Jyoti only' at the beginning of your question so that I get to work with you again.
It was a great pleasure for me and JA to be able to help you.
JA has also started a new feature where you can add an expert to your list of favorite experts so that you can request them directly
I would be honored to be included in your list.
Thank you,
Dr. P. Jyoti, MD.
Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti
Dr. P. Jyoti, Consultant MD