Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have mistakenly taken two close in time pills of

meloxicam. 15 mg -generic for...
I have mistakenly taken two close in time pills of meloxicam. 15 mg -generic for Mobic. What should I do?
8/31/2013
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick, MD :

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Dr. Rick, MD :

How long ago did you take them?

Dr. Rick, MD :

Are you available to chat?

Customer: One hr plus
Customer: oneplus one hour plus. Sweating and slight nausea
Dr. Rick, MD :

Ok.

Customer: yes
Dr. Rick, MD :

Since it has been over an hour there is no real good treatment available to get the drug out of your system. The good news? You should be OK.

Dr. Rick, MD :

Overdosage, usually at much higher levels then you have taken usually cause only ethargy, drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, and epigastric pain, all of which respond will to just supportive care.

Dr. Rick, MD :

So. What is the take home message? You will be OK.

Dr. Rick, MD :

But. Try not to do it again ;-)

Dr. Rick, MD :

Does this make sense to you?

Dr. Rick, MD :

Sorry about the typo's. I should read what I type better before hitting <send>

Dr. Rick, MD :

Are you still there?

Customer: oknauseates ok. I am less anxious. Thanks. Really appreciate the surface. Just had foot surgery and did not wish to go out to Er.
Dr. Rick, MD :

I do not think there is any need to go to the ER. Gastric lavage will have almost no benefit at this point and it is not very fun to boot....

Dr. Rick, MD :

More aggressive therapy can be tried but really is reserved for people in a lot of distress who took a lot more then just 2x the normal daily dose.....

Customer: i am not real experienced in this type of computer service. But, at 71, I try to be careful.
Dr. Rick, MD :

You did good :)

Dr. Rick, MD :

From what you have posted, I do not feel you have anything to worry about.

Dr. Rick, MD :

Make sense to you?

Customer: thans again!, Yes! I will try to go to sleep. Should be easier now.
Dr. Rick, MD :

I think you are gonna make it to 72. Don't run out and max out the credit card tonight ;)

Dr. Rick, MD :

My pleasure. Have a good night.

Dr. Rick, MD :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD