How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Phil, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 55776
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Phil, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My eye has a stye and it is badly swollen, How should this

This answer was rated:

my eye has a stye and it is badly swollen, How should this be treated?
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing Internal Medicine Physician. Excellent service is my goal.
Thanks for this excellent question
I'm sorry you have this problem here.
Usually this can be treated with a warm compress.
however, if it is really swollen and painful and obstructing vision, then it will need to be drained surgically
Letting it go can cause worse infection
This can be done in the ER.
If that is the case, I would go to ER for evaluation.
I hope this helps. If you have more questions, just reply. :)
Dr. Phil, MD and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
I appreciate the excellent rating.
I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page
I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)