Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

I have been having this crazy crave for water, I am thirsty

I have been having this crazy crave for water, I am thirsty every half hour or so.
I usually got once during the night but last week twice every night,
Last night four times and each timeI drank a glass of water,
This morning over a litre of water and now am thirsty again.
I had the cold/flu last week and its almost over but this thirst seems to be gtting worse
Dr. Rick, MD :

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Dr. Rick, MD :

Are you having any other symptoms?

Dr. Rick, MD :

Do you have any medical problems or take any medication?

Dr. Rick, MD :

How long has this been going on for?

Customer:

No other symptoms.

Customer:

No medications, its been going for a week

Customer:

Are you still there?

Dr. Rick, MD :

Yes.

Dr. Rick, MD :

Well, There are many conditions that can cause you to be this thirsty.

Dr. Rick, MD :

The only way to figure them out would be to have a complete exam by an doctor. I would suggest giving your primary care MD a call this morning and trying to get in today if at all possible.

Dr. Rick, MD :

If you continue to drink too much water it can dilute the electrolytes (sodium, potassium etc) in your blood and cause dangerous problem with organs such as your brain and heart just to name a few.

Customer:

It's one of those things that are so complicated to discover, so if yu say or think so, I think I wll make my way out to see a doctor.

Dr. Rick, MD :

I think that is an excellent idea.

Dr. Rick, MD :

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer:

Thanksfor your help.

Dr. Rick, MD :

My pleasure.

David,
I was just thinking about you today and wondering if the doctors figured out was causing you to be so thirsty.
I hope everything is OK and you are doing better.
Dr. Rick
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes I had an infection somewhere.

David,
I'm glad you got in. Hopefully when the infection is cleared up you will be back to normal.
Don't forget to mash the positive feedback button for me...the one labeled "excellent" is the most fun to push by far ;)
It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I don't go up in a puff of smoke -- I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.