Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Im 22 with a small lump in the right side of the breast more

towards the top (the glands...
Im 22 with a small lump in the right side of the breast more towards the top (the glands near the arm pit), its a wird shape, it doesnt stand out so its not easy to find, but I do self check as I suffer with lumpy breasts in general. I have had two ultra sound scans between last year and the beginning of this year and they have come back as normal findings. With this being in a different place I suppose it's new to me, Iv had for quite a while it's painless, hard to describe the texture..it feels long line, soft but also slightly firm in a way...should I go for a second opinion to my G.P?
Answered in 1 minute by:
8/24/2013
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Hello from ja
Yes it needs examination.
It sounds like you have fibrocystic breast disease.
Eating a nutrient dense diet and stopping all sources of caffeine can really cut down on this.
But it still needs examination.
Please let me know if you have further questions.
Please don’t forget a positive rating.

that sounds quite serious.. is that concerning at my age.. and is that all I need to do just watch caffeine intake..

It is not serious at all.
It is common.
Here is a good mayo clinic write up.
http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/fibrocystic-breasts/DS01070
Please don’t forget a positive rating.

okay will this be a permanent on going thing then? I have had this for quite some time this little lump its not changed in size at all.. and it's pain free?

No it can improve greatly.
Please don’t forget a positive rating.
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Thanks
My goal is excellent service
Let me know if anything is not answered.
Find me anytime by request in the future.
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician