Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Is Lamisil 250mg only available by prescription?

8/23/2013
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing Internal Medicine Physician. Excellent service is my goal.
Yes, oral lamisil is available only by prescription
I would try tinactin over the counter.
This medicine is highly effective for athlete's foot.
Keep the feet very dry.
Change your socks twice per day.
That should help.
I hope this helps. If you have more questions, just reply. :)

I don't remember if I tried that also, but is there a specific grade or classification or ingredient I should look for? Like 1% hydrochloride (just as an example of what I mean).

In my experience tolnaftate 1% is the best Allan
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
I appreciate the excellent rating.
I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/
I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor