How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 46743
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Dear Dr.K, I have an extremely runny nose which runs ALL the

This answer was rated:

Dear Dr.K,
I have an extremely runny nose which runs ALL the time except when I am lying down. I am 73 years old and it seams to be getting worse. It is so embarising when I am eating. Please find me help.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

I don't think Dr. K is online right now.

would you like my help?

have you tried over the counter allergy medications like benadryl or allegra or zyrtec or claritin?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have tried many over the counter meds...yes,yes,yes many allergy meds. My nose dr. says there is no way to help my situation, "just live with it".

there might be other treatments you could benefit from

you should try a steroid nasal spray if you haven't tried one yet. I have used nasonex in the past with good results, but also Flonase is also another nasal steroid spray which can help decrease runny nose.

you might benefit from seeing an allergiest and getting skin allergy testing and finding out what you might be allergic to. also long term allergy shots can help decrease allergy symptoms.

sometimes regular use of a nettypot which is over the counter nasal saline irrigation can help

you should see an ENT doctor and get a sinus CT Scan. you might benefit from sinus surgery.

have you seen an ENT specialist before?

have you tried a nasal steroid spray like nasonex or flonase?
Dr. David and 5 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you