How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. David Your Own Question
Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 46932
Experience:  Experienced Physician trained in New York City. I'm ready to help.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. David is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a bulging intestine on the right side. Four months

This answer was rated:

I have a bulging intestine on the right side. Four months ago I experienced pain in that area for about a week. The pain went away but I was left with a big bulge on the right lower side of the abdomen. Doctors say it is not a hernia and not the appendix. I have also noticed numbing of my skin around the right side of my pubic area. I am not experiencing any pain, however the bulge has remained. I am a 60 year old female and at an appropriate weight for my height, 5 ft and weight 110 lbs. I exercise about 4xs a week by walking 3 miles each time. Before I experienced the pain I was exercising vigorously 3xs a week and walking 6 miles a week. I was trying to stay active due to lumbar spine stenosis. I have had a CT scan and an MRI. Dr. does not know why I have the bulge. The Drs. focus on the spine.
Hello, this is Dr. David. I have read your question and I'm ready to help.

I am sorry you are having this pain.

an abdominal hernia would have been found on the CT scan or doctors exam.

if the area is numb around the right pubic area, you could be having a herniated disk of your spine causing pinched nerves which can cause pain and numbness in your abdominal area. bad lumbar stenosis could also be possibly causing your paralysis of some of your stomach muscles and this could be causing the bulge as well as the numbness around the pubic area.

have you had an MRI scan of the lumbar and sacral spine with contrast? did that show pinched nerves coming from the spinal cord?

are you having any weakness of your abdominal muscles in the area of the bulge in your abdomen?
Dr. David and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you