Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

One of my medical conditions is anxiety. When I have panic

One of my medical conditions is anxiety. When I have panic attacks, dizziness is one of the symptoms I feel. But if I ever have a moment when dizziness is my chief complaint, should I take a Xanax pill at that moment or a Meclizine pill? Which one is more likely to make me feel better at the moment? I just don't like the fact that 2 hours should pass between each pill if I take both the Xanax pill and the Meclizine pill together. Thank you for your assistance.
Dr. Rick, MD :

Hi. Dr Rick here. I completed an Internal medicine internship in NYC and have two decades of clinical experience. How can I assist you today?

Dr. Rick, MD :

From what you have posted, I would suggest you take the xanax pill at the moment of your panic attack.

Dr. Rick, MD :

Especially since dizziness is not your primary and most urgent system. It is possible that the xanax could "kick in" and prevent you from progressing to being dizzy.

Dr. Rick, MD :

Does this make sense to you?