DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I have a ferritin level of 314, Trans Sat of 46, Iron at 120

I have a ferritin level of 314, Trans Sat of 46, Iron at 120 and TIBC of 260, also have the H63D gene from both parents. Does this mean hemochromatosis? Should I get blood drawn to reduce iron? How many times...maybe I am just nervous. By the way I was also diagnosed with adrenal fatigue and a slightly under active thyroid. Please help.
Hello
I think if you look at your lab ranges iron is within normal, and ferritin is borderline high.
No this does not mean hemochromatosis.
Note also that your transferrin sat is normal.
No need for phlebotomy
who told you this?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My endocrinologist! According to my tests it states 15-45 for Trans and 8-252 for ferritin is normal plus my uric acid is high, he said to give blood ASAP to get my iron down.

OK This is not into a serious range, as the iron is normal and the ferritin is just high...yes those are iron stores. The transferrin is boarderline.

Yes For now you can simply give blood. However, you need to be seeing a hematologist, not an endocrinologist. You do not meet the criteria for severe iron overload at this point, but this needs to be followed and you might need phlebotomy at some point.

. See the correct specialist.

Please let me know if you have further questions. Please don’t forget a positive rating.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Would this cause my dizziness and lower back pain, I live in a remote town no hematologist around....
No
This should not be causing dizziness and lower back pain.
An internal medicine doctor that practices can easily coordinate your case.
Please let me know if you have further questions.
Please don’t forget a positive rating.