Dr. Cameron
Dr. Cameron, Doctor
Experience:  American Board Certified in Emergency Medicine and Ivy League trained. Medical Review Officer trained in Drug Testing
16455829

I'm currently breastfeeding my 8 wk old baby and I have a

I'm currently breastfeeding my 8 wk old baby and I have a UTI coming on. It's been a couple of years since I have one and I have some Phenazopyridine left over from when I had one a couple of years ago. Since I'm not going to be able to get in to see my doctor until Monday, is it safe to take them to manage the pain, just to get me through until I can see my dr.? I'm in a lot of pain and it's steadily getting worse.
Dr. Cameron :

hello

Dr. Cameron :

welcome to the chat

Dr. Cameron :

are you still there?

Dr. Cameron :

you can take Phenazopyridine- it is pregnancy class B and also safe for breast feeding

Dr. Cameron :

If you are not able to see your doctor until monday, you may want to consider going to an urgent care clinic to get you started on some antibiotics...

Dr. Cameron :

of course if you have back pain, fever, vomiting, you need to see a physician right away- do not wait until monday

Dr. Cameron :

good luck!

Dr. Cameron :

please leave positive feedback if this was helpful