How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Family Physician Your Own Question
Family Physician
Family Physician, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 12816
Experience:  Emergency Medicine and Family Practice for over 26 years
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Family Physician is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son recently dropped out of college and moved home

This answer was rated:

My son recently dropped out of college and moved home because he developed a severe addiction to aderal. He is now experiencing severe depression, and fatigue. We do not have any health insurance, so our hands are tied as far as getting medical help, or rehab. Do you have any suggestions of what we can do to help him?
Thank you for your question:

In what state/county do you live?

Is you son employed?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

we live in California...san Joaquin county, and he is employed, but they don't offer benefits

The count offers substance abuse services

They do offer discounted services based on income

Depending on his income level - he may be eligible for Medicaid (Medi-Cal)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I subscibed to this service for 2 years, and never had a bad experience. I got no answer from you. Of course I know he could apply for question was is there anything that I can do to help the depression and fatigue he is suffering during this withdrawal process.

There is no specific treatment for amphetamine withdrawal. There are a number of medications that have been tried, but none of them are available over-the-counter.

Honestly, without professional help and medical supervision, it is very difficult to treat addiction.

I will be happy to opt-out if you want to see if another expert can provide you a different answer.
Family Physician and 6 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you