How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask 911DOC Your Own Question
911DOC, Board Certified Dr.
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 5094
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
911DOC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have got quite bad pain in the top part of the bridge (Lisfrank´s

This answer was rated:

I have got quite bad pain in the top part of the bridge (Lisfrank´s Joint and 4th metatarsal) of my left foot (over past 8 months) not due to injury (just came on suddenly! The pain during the first two months was extremely painful and worst when sleeping unless I lie on my side with my foot on a pillow. Now it generally aches all the time but the pain is bearable unless I bend on my knees to work in the garden and then get up. I have taken an x-rays as well as a CT scan but the specialist could not find anything wrong with my foot.
Now two weeks ago I started having a problem on the inside bottom of my right foot arch close to the heel of my foot. It is very painful when I walk. When I stretch my toes back I have no additional pain.
I have a good arch, am healthy and not over weight but am 60 years old.
Is there any other examinations that can be done to try and pinpoint the problem?
two thoughts for you.

1. the new pain you are having sounds a lot like PLANTAR FASCIITIS. If you click on that link you can read about it and see how you can do stuff at home to help get over this. the stretching you are doing is part of the therapy.

2. the foot pain issue could indicates an underlying problem with Arthritis. As you can see from the link there are different kinds. If you have had the xrays and CT scans without diagnoses it may be reasonable for you to see a Rheumatologist at this point.

If your question has been adequately answered please consider leaving positive feedback. If you have further questions simply type them in the box below and click reply. Have a great evening, and, should you need my assistance in the future please begin your question with 'for 911doc'.


911DOC and 5 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you