Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

I have a burning sinsaitaion when I URION

8/7/2013
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
The views expressed by me are for educational purposes only and do not establish a doctor patient relationship.
Hi there,
I am Mysticdoc, experienced Internal Medicine Specialist.
I am here to help you with your concerns.
Burning sensation refers to the urinary tract infection.
Bacteria can enter the bladder and can cause the infection.
This is easily treatable with antibiotics like Bactrim after urine test.
Another possibility can be due to the passage of the kidney stone that can cause inflammation of the urethra.
Sexually transmitted diseases like gonorrhea or chlamydia also can cause burning sensation like urethritis.
However, if you are not sexually active or do not have any new sexual partner, then sexually transmitted disease is not a possibility.
I will suggest you to get your urine checked as soon as possible so that the treatment can be started early.
You can go to the urgent care or ER.
Best wishes,
Please rate the chat Good or Excellent, if you are satisfied with our conversation and do not have any further question, so that I get rewarded for my time & effort. Thank you!
Please bookmark my profile for asking further questions!
This is the link to my profile:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-mysticdoc/
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist
Dr Basu
Dr Basu
Dr Basu, Experienced Specialist