Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Medical Doctor
Experience:  Medical Doctor Trained at a Top Academic Institution
55099014

About two months ago I started having very bad heartburn and

About two months ago I started having very bad heartburn and then food started getting stuck in my esophagus. I was scared thinking I may have a tumor.I had no appitite and I lost 9 lbs. in one month, even the sight of food made me sick. When I had the scope done they found that I had esophagitis candida. They said most people who get this have predisposing conditions. The one that stuck out in my mind was hiv. So to be assured that was the not the case I was tested. After the course of treatment I was still having very bad heartburn and the pain was radiating into my back. One night it was so bad I went to the ER. They kept me overnight and did another scope on me and everything was normal. They dialated my esophagus and sent me home. The doubled my ppi med and gave me Carafate. Within two weeks I felt fine again, I really enjoyed eating as I did before I reduced the ppi to one a day and with in a week the heartburn came back and so did the backache I feel bloated.and I lost my appitite. So I went back to the prescribed dose and after a week I"m not feeling better in fact I have force myself to eat. and the back pain is worse. When my girlfriend touches a certain spot on my spine I actually get pain in my stomach. She says my upper back is very tight. I think at this time I should say I have a anxiety disorder and have a huge fear of getting cancer. I can"t even count how many times I thought I had a fatal condition. The internet is a great resource but can scare you if try to be your own doctor. Can you give me your thoughts and hopefully reassure me that I don' t have any undiscovered cancer.
Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing Internal Medicine Physician. Excellent service is my goal.

Thanks for this question

The internet is surely a blessing and a curse for some

Where do you believe your cancer is?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Pancreas

You would have symptoms Tommy

You would have jaundice, pain in the belly, fatigue, depression

I would not expect you to heal.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Are you saying that I that since I did get better and some point this would not of happened if it was cancer? Is it possible this could be more anxiety related?

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying.

pancreatic cancer would have killed you in 3 months

Yes, it could be anxiety
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you I think I'm felling better already.

I appreciate the excellent rating.

I would be happy to help you in the future. Just ask for Dr. Phil in your question opening or bookmark this page http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-irondoc/

I greatly appreciate a positive rating in the customer satisfaction survey that you will receive via email. It is important for me to get your feedback. Thank you. :)