How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 64984
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My doctor retired and I am seeing a PA. He cannot prescribe

This answer was rated:

My doctor retired and I am seeing a PA. He cannot prescribe what my doctor had me on for years. I have had two cervical spine surgeries with rods and cages. I have vertebra in my Lombard that need surgery, I would rather put off and fibromyalgia. Who would I need to see to get my Norco refilled.
You can only get such medicine from a doctor who has examined you.
You would have to get a new doctor, you can not otherwise get this medicine legally.
Where are you exactly, city /state?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
West Frankfort, IL
The PA has to work under a doctor. What doctor is supervising the PA?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
None at this time
I don't think that is legal either, depending on what is being done.
I suggest you find a pain management specialist.
What type of doctor retired?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Family practice
There is one specialist in the vacinity
Dr. Zaki Anwar, MD
Currently 2.5 of 4 stars (4) (2)
Pain Mgmt. Institute
10181 W Lincoln Hwy
Frankfort, IL 60423
Nearest bigger city:?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I live in West Frankfort,Il In the southern part of the state. Frankfort,Il is sedate town up North.
Closest larger city to you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Marion or Carbondale, il
Call this center
If you can get there they can help.
They might have physicians closer to you as well.
OK. If you have further questions or details, use reply to expert.
Otherwise please choose a positive rating . But, still come back if you need to…think of something later, etc. Bonuses are appreciated.
DrRussMD and other Medical Specialists are ready to help you