Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

Is it concerning to have cold sweats while working out? I

recently have been getting headaches...
Is it concerning to have cold sweats while working out? I recently have been getting headaches (started as this omnipresent tension, and now seem more like migraines that come and go) and went to my pediatrician (I'm 19 y/o male, good physical shape) and he determined that, after a pulmonary test that returned a "Very Severe Obstruction" result, I had asthma and prescribed me two inhalers and a nasal spray which I just picked up today.
Could these two be related and are the cold sweats cause for concern? They seem to have gone away after I finished my workout. I have an ongoing question/answer with "Doctor-Bob" who's been great but im not sure this is a neurology question
7/31/2013
911DOC
911DOC, Board Certified Dr.
911DOC :

the cold sweats would only be concerning if you were to then develop fever and cough which would indicate pneumonia or something like it

911DOC :

I'm not sure about the other part of your question

911DOC :

meaning 'could the two be related'... don't understand that.

Customer:

Ok so it's not a sign of aneurism or stroke or other issue

911DOC :

standing by

911DOC :

no, no way

Customer:

Ok, i mean im 19 i think my stroke risk would be near 0

911DOC :

there's no way this is a stroke

911DOC :

zero

Customer:

ok. do you have any insight into my headache issue?

Customer:

i know headaches are symptomatic of about five million things

911DOC :

certainly no more insight than the physician who examined you would have

911DOC :

and yes

911DOC :

there can be many causes

911DOC :

at your age almost all benign

Customer:

yes thats what my pediatrician and the neurologist on here said, and that my headaches could be related to hypoxia

Customer:

due to my uncontrolled asthma

911DOC :

I doubt that seriously, you do not get hypoxic from your asthma

911DOC :

if you did you would be in the ER breathing on a ventilator

Customer:

could the asthma be a trigger for migraine?

Customer:

i have never had a migraine per se before (i had what i think was a mini-migraine a few nights ago) but my mom does get them

911DOC :

certainly

Customer:

so that could explain the headaches

911DOC :

just about anything can trigger a headache or migraine

Customer:

thats what i've learned. my pediatrician did blood work, came back normal. dermic allergy test returned severe allergies so his assessment is control the asthma and see if the headaches go away

Customer:

if not, MRI/CT scan/etc

911DOC :

that's reasonable

911DOC :

I think the scans can wait for the moment at least

Customer:

yeah, and for what it's worth the headaches are not as omnipresent as they were originally

Customer:

more acute and noticeable but when i'm really focused on something i dont seem to have them

911DOC :

that's a good thing

911DOC :

perhaps the treatment is having a good effect there

911DOC :

do you have any final questions for me about this?

Customer:

no thats pretty much it, thanks so much for your time. really appreciate it.

911DOC :

Thank you so much for your question. It was a pleasure talking with you. If this answer has been helpful to you please consider leaving positive feedback. Should you require my assistance in the future simply start your question with ‘for 911doc’, and I am usually on the site most days.

Best

911DOC
911DOC, Board Certified Dr.
911DOC
911DOC
911DOC, Board Certified Dr.