Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My mother passed at 58, both of my husbands parent passed 2

months prior in a mvc...
My mother passed at 58, both of my husbands parent passed 2 months prior in a mvc. 2 weeks later, both my grandparents passed. My husband and I are both in the health care field. Needless to say, we paid for all funerals. What we didn't see coming was my husbands mvc coming. We paid for 5 funerals in about a year and a half, which we didn't mind helping as my husband is an ER physician. And I run life support machines. My husband suffered a spinal cord injury at c4-5. I also take care of my brother who is also a quadriplegic with a c 5-6 injury. And 1 daughter with downs syndrome. We also have 2 teens living at home. I have been able to handle it all so far, but now I have my tongue pealing, arm pits sweating, feet and hands are blistering, hair is falling out, an elevator lives in my stomach, and I am getting mad. I am not depressed in bed or hiding. I am don have feelings of despair. Feels like text book anxiety. I did see a psychiatrist and he seemed to blow it off and wrote for Hydroxyzine 25MG. I am not knocking him, but this med for what I have going on is worthless. I don't want to start "Dr." Shopping, as I despise that and people who do. I am in need of some short term help to get my life back. Do you know of any reasonable people in the area of Windermere or Orlando, FL Thank you so much........suffering in silence!
7/30/2013
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Hello and thank you for the question Angela.

Answers given are for informational purposes only and are not meant to replace an exam by an in-person.

I am Dr. Sohaib, a practicing Internal Medicine Specialist and i will do my best to help you today.

This is obviously anxiety issue which has yet not been treated effectively.

There are number of other very effective drugs and treatment options available to control your problem adequately.

Please note down the following contacts which will be of great help for you;

1. Advance Psychiatry Group

721 N Magnolia Ave
Orlando
+1(###) ###-####/p>

2. Sonny V Joseph MD

9430 Turkey Lake Rd Ste 204

Orlando, FL 32819

(###) ###-####/p>

3. Earl Taitt

Valencia Psychiatry 4151 Hunters Park Ln Ste 100

Orlando, FL 32837

(###) ###-####/p>

4. Sofia Qadir

Tri-County Psychiatric Assocs*****Ste 201

Orlando, FL 32835

(###) ###-####/p>

Good luck and Get well soon :)

My goal is to provide you with Excellent Service - if satisfied with the response, Please do not forget to Rate my service as this is the only way i get credit for my time and expertise on your question.

If you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindest Regards.

How are you Angela.
Is there anything else i can help you with?
I will be glad to assist.

I have scheduled an appointment with a different psychiatrist. We shall see how it goes. I hope he doesn't want to put me on an antidepressant. I'm not depressed. But then the doc usually thinks your noncompliant if you don't want to take what he prescribes. I know that it is the stress of the season I am in right now. I think I need something to take when my anxiety is at about a 8-10. I can handle it up to about a 6-7, then I feel like I'm going to rip some heads of. I am one person and everyone is depending and counting on me. I need 3 clones of myself. One for my paralyzed brother, one for my injured husband, my kids, and one for my critically ill patients at work. I also work in the funeral business. Over achiever....maybe that's my problem! It makes me feel like a criminal asking my doctor for something for anxiety when I have never taken things like narcotics, alcohol, anxiety medication, antidepressants (not that I want antidepressants). So many people abuse the system and our physicians that it makes it nearly impossible for someone with some tough stuff going on to get reasonable treatment. Thanks for listening, Angela

Thanks for follow up Angela.

I can now understand that there are so many triggers you have in your life to spark up the anxiety.

No one would like you to remain drug dependent for life.

For anxiety, or depression, the treatment is not necessarily life long. In fact most of the people feel absolutely normal once the treatment is completed --- the duration of which is judged and decided by your physician.

Some times it is 3 months, some time more.

So go ahead with the treatment. You clearly need medical help here; proceed further.

Get well soon :)

Kindest Regards.

Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor

Wish you could be my doc :) Thanks, Angela

Thats a great compliment :)

Thank you for this.

Please do not forget to Rate my service as this is the only way i get credit for my time and expertise on your question.

Kindest Regards.

Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib
Dr. Sohaib, Doctor