How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask 911DOC Your Own Question
911DOC, Board Certified Dr.
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 5094
Experience:  Emergency Medicine Physician
Type Your Medical Question Here...
911DOC is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

About a year ago, I noticed a blister 1 mm in size and

This answer was rated:

about a year ago, I noticed a blister 1 mm in size and raised a tiny bit. It was right by the urethra There was no pain and I monitored it over the months and when I seen the doctor about it he said it was nothing. Over the past fewmonths the blister got softer and when pressed in had s rebound effect. Well yesterday while looking at it, I pressed on it and it popped. Afterward I look inside my urethra and Im not to sure but it seems to be a small hole when I say small like im not even sure it a hole that may channel to the blister. I went to the doctor to because it was hurting kinda buring pain. Still does not hurt when I pee. my concerns are that I cant see a uroglist for a month. So was wondering what to do in the mean time. Is this a std? its been over a year.Also since it popped im concern for infection if there is a hole. I am also wondering if polysporin is ok to treat it with. I dont think I can upload a pic.
From the way you describe this lesion this sounds very much like a cyst... a benign collection of fluid.

There are, in fact, parameatal urethral cysts (at the opening of the urethra) and they are benign.

This is not from any STD.

I think it reason bale to see the urologist, they may want to do a biopsy, but more likely they will not want to do any intervention at all.

As long as you are not having penile discharge or continuous pain with urination then I think it quite reasonable to wait for your appointment with urology.

If your question has been adequately answered please consider leaving positive feedback. If you have further questions simply type them in the box below and click reply. Have a great evening, and, should you need my assistance in the future please begin your question with 'for 911doc'.


911DOC and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you