How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Das, MD Your Own Question
Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 2258
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
Type Your Medical Question Here...
Dr. Das, MD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 51 already and I am starting to feel pain in my body.

This answer was rated:

I am 51 already and I am starting to feel pain in my body. it started in my knees when I walk upstairs. when I squat, its hard for me to stand up quick. I have to it slowly. sometimes my elbows are sore. few months ago I had a kidney stone. my uric was high. now, I am trying not to eat food (meat, spinach, cauliflower, mushroom, etc) rich in uric. are these pains sign of old age? what do I have to do?

Welcome and thank you for your question.

At 51 years, you are not old and should not normally have pain in the joints. But a high uric acid level can cause deposition of small crystals in the joints - the condition is known s gout. his can cause pain , especially i the smaller joints like toes and fingers. But larger joints such as the elbows and knees may also be affected.

Please consult your doctor for more tests. Meanwhile, besides diet control, you can increase the amount of exercise you do - walking for 30-60 minutes will help.

I hope this helps.
Dr. Das, MD and 4 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you