Dr. Rick, MD
Dr. Rick, MD, Board Certified MD
Experience:  20+ years as a doctor. Internal Medicine Internship in NYC
48069651

Over the past month or so Ive been experiencing what my

Hello
Over the past month or so Ive been experiencing what my doctor diagnosed as jock itch on my inner thighs. He perscribed me some cream for it and it instantly went away after the first application. Its been on and off randomly since then and just this week ive experienced a very similar rash on the crooks of both my elbows. The rash subsided significantly with no treatment after two days.
Upon Further research online I came to conclusion that what i am experiencing might be heat rash. Ive been working out more frequently over the past couple of months from pretty much not working out to now working out 3 times of week with a trainer at a gym.
Does my diagnosis of heat rash sound correct? Or is it possible this is some other type of skin condition or possibly the symtom of an unreleated disease??
The areas dont itch and look almost like a bunch of infected hair follicles but the bright redness of the area does subside rather quickly but sometimes comes back just as quickly.
Any help is appreciated.
Hi. My name is***** and I am online and available to help you today. Thank you for your patience.
It is possible that it is a heat rash. It may also be eczema as this is very common in the elbow areas.
Unfortunately, the best way to figure out exactly what is going on is to have your GP, or better yet, a dermatologist take a look at the rash.
Does this make sense to you?
I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you don’t feel that I have earned a “10” rating in all areas, please let me know what I can do to meet your expectations.
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That does not look like eczema. It looks more like a contact dermatitis or an allergic reaction. The pictures do not come out that clear on my end but I feel you can rest easy that it is not an infection.
I know that you would have liked a firm diagnosis but, using online chat as my only diagnostic tool, that is not possible...sorry about that.
Your best bet for getting to the bottom of this rash is to see a dermatologist in person. If you don't want to do that you could also try a short trial of 1% hydrocortisone cream to the area twice a day and see if things improve. You can buy this medication over the counter.
Does this make sense to you?
Thanks in advance,
Dr. Rick MD FACS