Medical

Have Medical Questions? Ask a Doctor Online!

Ask a Doctor,

Medical

My friend ate spoon full of Bait rat powder poison. i just

my friend ate spoon full...
my friend ate spoon full of Bait rat white powder poison. i just got to know now through my friend will she die?
7/10/2013
911DOC
911DOC, Board Certified Dr.
911DOC :

How long ago was this?

911DOC :

can you tell me again please the name of the poison?

911DOC :

Raid?

JACUSTOMER-5sqgm34c- :

i just received a text from my friend about 4 hrs

911DOC :

so she needs to go to the ER

911DOC :

not because I am particularly concerned about the poison itself

911DOC :

but because she did it

911DOC :

can you get her to the ER or call an amublance for her?

911DOC :

can you get to her?

JACUSTOMER-5sqgm34c- :

i am concerend will she die

911DOC :

there is no way for me to know

911DOC :

she needs to go to th ER

911DOC :

the ER

JACUSTOMER-5sqgm34c- :

ya we did it... but was concern will that posion kill her

911DOC :

it COULD kill her but there is no way for me to know

911DOC :

over the internet

911DOC :

since it is posible that she could die from this

911DOC :

you need to get her NOW to the ER or call an amublance NOW

JACUSTOMER-5sqgm34c- :

before also she tried to have full bottle of aleve and iboprofin but she did not let us knw this time we caught her red hennded

911DOC :

so this increases the chance that this is a dangerous overdose

911DOC :

she needs to go to the ER

JACUSTOMER-5sqgm34c- :

my friend texted me that she looks ok nothing seems wiered in her but she is on the way to hospital

911DOC :

can you make sure she gets there?

911DOC :

rat poison would not work right away... the effect is delayed... most rat poisons cause you to bleed

JACUSTOMER-5sqgm34c- :

yup he is with her. and am on text with him...

911DOC :

good

JACUSTOMER-5sqgm34c- :

am not in same state due to job

911DOC :

i see

JACUSTOMER-5sqgm34c- :

omg.. i hope she is fine because i found it wiered when after 4 hrs also she looks normal like nothing happen this is what my friend told me

911DOC :

like i said

911DOC :

there is no way to tell in overdoses how much was taken, what was taken, and if anything else was taken... so that will be figured out at the hospital

911DOC :

certainly one can never trust the patient in these cases because they often underplay the overdose or overplay it... labs and studies need to be done

911DOC :

so I'm glad she is going to the hospital

JACUSTOMER-5sqgm34c- :

ok.. she informed my friend she have taken one tea spoon full

911DOC :

and that can not be trusted, so she must be evaluated in the ER

JACUSTOMER-5sqgm34c- :

and about a month back she tool overdose of aleve/iboprofin.. rgt now she told him...

911DOC :

okay

911DOC :

how can i help with this particular question... what other questions do you have for me about this overdose?

JACUSTOMER-5sqgm34c- :

i dont know if one tea spoon is overdose or no and concern is will she be ok

911DOC :

again, there is no way to know... that's why she needs to go to the ER. if she only took a teaspoon of rat poison powder it could be no problem or, if it is a newer rat poison containing brodifacoun then she will be admitted to the hospital. there is no way for me to tell you what will happen, but the hospital will know after testing.

911DOC :

standing by

JACUSTOMER-5sqgm34c- :

she took something bait powder white colored

JACUSTOMER-5sqgm34c- :

oh thts is good to hear tht one teaspoon is not overdose.

911DOC :

again, that is not what I'm saying. by definition she took an overdose because there is no dose that is correct for humans.

911DOC :

the question is will she suffer harm

911DOC :

and there is way for me to tell you if she will or not

911DOC :

because we aren't sure what is in the rat poison

JACUSTOMER-5sqgm34c- :

right

911DOC :

it could be dangerous, it could be nothing

911DOC :

no way for me to know

JACUSTOMER-5sqgm34c- :

ok

911DOC :

though after ten years in the ER i can tell you that I have never seen someone die from eating rat poison

JACUSTOMER-5sqgm34c- :

oh thank god... good to hear that

911DOC :

do you have any final questions for me?

JACUSTOMER-5sqgm34c- :

no i am good thanks a ton... you have a wonderful day

911DOC :

you do the same

911DOC :

and come back anytime

911DOC :

i am usually on during the day

911DOC :

just start your question with 'for 911doc only'

911DOC :

have a good day

911DOC :

and i hope your friend is okay

911DOC :

positive feedback always appreciated.

911DOC :

best

JACUSTOMER-5sqgm34c- :

sure will do .. thanks a lot ya am praying too for her.. thanks doc.. bye

911DOC
911DOC, Board Certified Dr.
911DOC
911DOC
911DOC, Board Certified Dr.