Daniel Sheibley, MD
Daniel Sheibley, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MD Grad Jefferson Medical College 2009. Internal Med intern 2010 & Radiology residency 2011. Husband & father of two.
62460980

I have a bump on my stitch in my vagina

i have a bump on my stitch in my vagina
Daniel Sheibley, MD :

Hello

Daniel Sheibley, MD :

When did you get the stitches, and what were the stitches for? Were they following labor?

Customer:

yes

Daniel Sheibley, MD :

Ok, and how long ago?

Customer:

two years ago but i am concerned that it may be an std

Daniel Sheibley, MD :

How long have you had the bump? Since shortly after the stitches were placed?

Customer:

its been a couple days and it also is hurting

Daniel Sheibley, MD :

If it had been there since shortly after the stitches were placed, then this most likely is a granulomatous (tissue) reaction to the stitches in your body. While the stitch may have dissolved long ago, the tissue formed in reaction to it would still remain. However if you are having new symptoms that far out then it is not likely to be related to the sutures, just coincidental in location. Are you sexually active?

Customer:

ok....it has never felt the same but its seems to be like a bump to me now ....yes i am sexualy active

Daniel Sheibley, MD :

Do you use protection such as condoms? Any pain at all, and where exactly on the vagina is it - inside, on the labia, in the front or toward the back? Does the skin look any different over the bump?

Customer:

i can barley see it with a mirror but i can feel it i dont know

Daniel Sheibley, MD :

Any vaginal discharge? Any pain?

Customer:

no pain or discharge

Daniel Sheibley, MD :

And have you ever had an STD? Are you in a monogamous relationship? Have you ever been tested for STDs (i imagine you were during your prior pregnancy)

Customer:

no stds but i have had unprotected sex witch does consern me

Daniel Sheibley, MD :

Ok. Even though this bump doesn't cause you pain, you need to see your gynecologist or primary care doctor, or family planning clinic to have an STD testing. Also they'll be able to physically examine you. While this may be a pimple or ingrown hair (depending on the exact location of the bump) other problems such as skin cancers can also show up in the genitals, which thus makes not just STDs a concern. There are some ducts can be blocked and cause bumps and sometimes pain around the vagina, but the first step in even determining treatment is physical exam and a panel for STD evaluation.

Daniel Sheibley, MD :

Your physician or a family planning / women's health clinic can also offer you these services, often times free or at incredibly reduced costs.

Daniel Sheibley, MD :

You should have one within a short distance from you.

Daniel Sheibley, MD :

Your local hospital would be able to give you the phone number of local clinics if that is what suits you the best

Customer:

im traveling threw states and i have no health insurance do you know off any free services?

Customer:

in alabama

Customer:

?

Customer:

or should i just wait to go somewere local

Daniel Sheibley, MD :

where in alabama

Customer:

tuscaloosa

Customer:

i live in houston texas though

Daniel Sheibley, MD :
***** Birmingham, AL ‎(###) ###-####/p>
Daniel Sheibley, MD :

Otherwise, going to an urgent care clinic or a local pharmacy such as CVS or Walgreen that has a walk-in clinic would be your next choice, but that costs money, however less than a local sponsored clinic.

Customer:

thank you so much not the best news but defenitly going to check into it .....just one more question if you know of any thing in houston i dont know much about free services it would be greatly appretiated

Customer:

i might not be able to stop out here

Daniel Sheibley, MD :
***** Houston, TX ‎(###) ###-####/p>
Customer:

ok thanks and thank you for your help

Daniel Sheibley, MD :

If you want to discuss this more please feel free. If you accept my answer, please choose accept / 3-5 rating.